These are the perfect alternatives to plastic fruit and veg bags. Made from durable, unbleached organic cotton, these bags will last you a lifetime, rather than a single shopping trip. A great way to reduce your single-use plastics.
Each bag has a colourful label featuring the tare weight, also known as the weight of the produce bag, meaning you can easily calculate the weight of your goods at the checkout of any supermarket or bulk food store. These bags will also keep your produce fresher than their plastic counterparts.
Why use these bags?
Every time you pick up a single-use plastic bag from the supermarket you contribute to a major environmental concern. Each plastic bag you use will outlive you for centuries, with plastic taking up to 1,000 years to decompose these reusable bags are a no-brainer.
Designed to take your fruit, veggies, or bakery items home from the supermarket or farmer’s market, these reusable bags can be placed straight into your fridge. If that’s not convenient enough, the natural fibres are breathable, meaning your produce will stay fresher for longer.
- Pack includes 1 Small, 2 Medium and 2 Large bags.
- Dimensions: 18x22 cm (Small), 26x32 cm (Medium), 34x32 cm (Large)
- Weight: Small 21 grams/ 0.05 lbs, Medium 36 grams/ 0.08 lbs, Large 50 grams/ 0.11 lbs
- Made from 100% GOTS certified organic cotton, with a polyester label
- Recyclable, eco-friendly kraft packaging
- Biodegradable & Plastic-free
- Vegan & Cruelty-Free
- Made by a SEDEX Certified partner
- Can be hand or machine washed
- Wash at 40 degrees
- Tumble drying is NOT recommended
- End of life - Cut label off before composting
Our factory is based in the South Indian coastal state of Tamil Nadu.
The minimum wage in this province is 8000 INR. Our workers are paid 15000 INR+.
Our team operate under safe working conditions (SEDEX), have access to free PPE and are free to join unions.
The organic cotton we use is GOTS and OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certified.
Our reusable produce bags are packaged in fully recyclable, plastic-free packaging.
We use sea shipments for all of our products to achieve the lowest carbon footprint.
More than 5 trillion pieces of plastic are already floating in our oceans.
At end of life, our biodegradable produce bags can simply be placed into your compost bin (after removing label).
A percentage of your purchase is donated to the Marine Conservation Society.